Limit Bugzilla fields access

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 20 19:27:33 CST 2009

Nikolay Sivov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I think it's not bad to remove some not useful in Wine's bugzilla
> fields from bug page:
> - whiteboard: what is it for?
Don't know.  Maybe for collabration while working on a bug?
> - difficulty - this really means nothing, usually set by reporter and
> not used by developers at all;
This should not be visible to reporters at all.  This should be used by
developers to rate what they think the difficulty for resolving a bug.
> - alias - used by reporters some times, but often reset by bugzilla
> buys (don't know why actually).
Again, a field that should not be visible to reporters at all.

> Also it might be good to enable version field only on bug creation for
> people with report only permissions,
> version is often changed after reporter tested app again on newer
> version, after that bugzilla maintainers change
> it back and so on.
+1.  Additional information should be placed in comments.

> The less the better, should be a rule here. Don't know is some of that
> fields configurable or code change required,
> but still I'm sure it's possible.

I agree here as well.  Less, in some cases, is actually more as we will
get more reports and it will be easier for submitters to look for
duplicates.

James McKenzie