Acting as advisor for wcmd-uplift project?

Jacek Caban jacek at
Sat Dec 26 13:53:38 CST 2009

On 12/26/09 8:44 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
>> Also, your tests are very risky in terms of non-English locales. I think we
>> shouldn't test error messages strings.
> Can we force the locale to a particular value for the tests
> with a registry key or something?  It'd be pretty hard to write
> tests without checking *any* error messages.

We could extend output file templates to something like:
<wine_english_line> Access is denied.
and skip such lines on other languages. We can't really change the
language as Windows doesn't provide English resources for most binaries
and executables on on non-English installations.