Acting as advisor for wcmd-uplift project?

Peter Dons Tychsen donpedro at tdcadsl.dk
Sat Dec 26 14:32:05 CST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-25 at 19:55 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> So, where should the tests live?  I had been thinking
> programs/cmd/tests,
> but maybe something like programs/tests would be better
> given that it can test more than just cmd.

I think it would make most sense to follow the current strategy of one
test suite per component/module. This would mean that cmd/tests would
test "cmd" and all the built-in commands. If you put the infrastructure
in (which would be a great bonus), then people could easily add
regsvr32/tests, xcopy/tests, etc... I have a feeling that there are tons
of tool related bugs that can be translated into tests.

Thanks,

/pedro