[3/4] d3dx9: Implement D3DXAssembleShader function, really basic shader assembler.

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:43:44 CST 2009

2009/12/29 Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/28 Matteo Bruni <matteo.mystral at gmail.com>:
>>
> Why do you need the fake parser? Can't you just not support those
> shader versions yet? There's also (in general) not much of a point in
> adding structure fields that aren't used yet.

I added the fake parser for two reasons: because I have to initialize
an asm_parser structure anyway in the create_xxxx_parser functions
(and I prefer to use parser_fake for the unimplemented shader versions
instead of parser_vs_3) and I want to avoid having some tests for the
other shader versions pass "by chance" inside the todo_wine (this is
accomplished by the asmparser_end_fake function... probably this can
be seen as a hack).
Agreed on the structure fields.

>> +/* This file needs the original d3d9 definitions. The bwriter ones
>> + * aren't useable because they are wine-internal things. We're writing
>> + * d3d8/9 shaders here, so we need the d3d9 definitions (which are
>> + * equal to the d3d8 ones)
>> + */
> This doesn't seem to match what the code actually does.

That #include is only used from the next patch. I'll move the include
and the comment in the right place (maybe rephrasing it somewhat).

>> +/* Debug utility routines. Some are not reentrant, check asmutils.c */
> Same as above.

Yep, that's not true anymore, courtesy of wine_dbg_sprintf.

> As for splitting things up, I think it's ok to e.g. add the
> pre-processor first, and just return E_NOTIMPL from assemble_shader().

You mean a patch which adds only the first half of the
D3DXAssembleShader implementation (returning just after the
preprocessing)? That seems reasonable.
Btw, ok for your other points also.