Tango Icons (Almost) Ready to Go!!

Joel Holdsworth joel at airwebreathe.org.uk
Thu Dec 31 08:44:20 CST 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-31 at 10:20 +0100, Warren Dumortier wrote:
> Thanks for all your work (is there some screenshot)?
> There's no doubt that the Tango icons are good, but would it be
> possible to easily make icon themes maybe, to have Oxygen icons for
> example? If i understand it's hardcoded, like on Windows, but making a
> theming feature is probably a lot of work right?

There will be some theming work coming later when someone finishes
implementing the uxtheme stuff. My icons are about getting a base theme
that works well. The point of Tango is that it shouldn't look to badly
out of place on Mac, KDE, Gnome or even Windows. That's a good starting
point, which we can build upon if someone can implement a wine theme
bridge.