Simple but awesome demos of Wine?

Evil Jay wine at eternaldusk.com
Sun Feb 1 14:33:02 CST 2009

It's too bad you can't count on an internet Connection.  WoW and City of
Heroes/Villains are two of the most impressive looking (and fast) games
under Wine, IMHO.  Heck, even just the login screen for WoW might be a
nice show - with the dracolich constantly landing/taking off while it's
snowing.

I wouldn't recommend Counter-Strike: Source.  It needs to be forced to
DirectX8 mode to achieve a usable speed, and in that mode it looks
pretty poor up next to what people are used seeing on the average
Windows machine.

Though boring to some, I think you made a good choice including
DreamWeaver - as the native apps just haven't caught up, yet.

-J