Simple but awesome demos of Wine?

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:01:57 CST 2009

Oh, by the way, I was using Fedora Core 10.  I was pretty impressed with the
distro - my Intel wireless card worked out of the box and so did sound.
That's the first time I've had that happen on a Dell Latitude notebook.
However, sound in Wine didn't work at all.  I made absolutely no effort to
fix it, but a quick look at the settings showed it was trying to use ALSA.
I was hoping Wine's sound had progressed to the point where it would at
least work if the underlying distro was using sound in sane manner, which
I'm kind of assuming Core 10 does.  Is it a packaging issue?

-Brian