Simple but awesome demos of Wine?

Eliot Blennerhassett linux at audioscience.com
Mon Feb 2 16:27:37 CST 2009

Dan Kegel wrote:
> I'm going to be giving a Wine presentation at
> Cebit next month.   You can see a draft of the
> presentation at
> http://kegel.com/wine/cebit2009/talk.html
> (I will say lots more than is written there; the
> slides are kept simple on purpose, with just
> the key idea in the caption.)
>
> A large part of the presentation
> will be demos of platium-rated apps.
> Can people suggest compelling apps to demo?

For the engineerings LTSpice

http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/ltspice.jsp

Its authors are wine-friendly. This from the online help

"LTspice detects whether or not it's running under WINE. If so, it works
around a few WINE issues. You can force LTspice to think it's running
under WINE with the command line switch –wine. You can force it to think
it's not with the command line switch –nowine in case you're interesting
in working on WINE issues."