Fixing AppDB once and for all

Zachary Goldberg zgold at bluesata.com
Tue Feb 3 11:44:46 CST 2009

All,

So it seems to be almost every other day now when somebody mentions
how broken the appdb rating system is.  This "broken-ness" has had
several high level discussions on Wine-Devel.  There have also been
many, many proposed solutions to this problem.

I do not wish to discuss these problems or these solutions in this
thread.  It is time something was done about this.  By done I mean
agreed upon (probably the harder part) then implemented in code and
published to the winehq server(s).

I'de like to arrange an IRC discussion for all those interested in
finalizing an attack plan, and then assigning the responsibility of
doing it to somebody who is capable and has the time (perhaps myself).

Lets (arbitrarily) set a time for the chat at:

When: 11PM UTC (6PM EST) 2/6/09 (Friday)
Where: #winehackers

If this arbitrary time seems to be poorly chosen for a large number of
people then please propose an alternative well in advance so all are
aware of it.

--Zach