imagicos

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 19:30:51 CST 2009

2009/2/7 Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/2/7 EA Durbin <ead1234 at hotmail.com>:
>>> I just saw this linux distribution on distrowatch. They claim to be able to
>>> run all microsoft products. Interesting.
>>> http://www.imagicos.com/
>>> http://www.imagicos.com/microsoft.html
>>
>> No they don't. It says "almost every" on the home page and "most" on
>> the "Microsoft" page.
>>
>> Assuming they're talking about Wine, someone should tell them that
>> they're wrong anyway. "quite a lot of entirely win32 applications",
>> maybe. Almost certainly not "most".
>>
>> Ooh, just spotted some interesting items on their "tested applications" list.
>> - DirectX
>> - DirectX 6
>> - DirectX 7
>> - DirectX 8
>> - DirectX 9
>>
>> How about we just completely ignore these idiots?
>>

> Also:
> # Internet Explorer 5.0 and 5.5
> # Internet Explorer 6.0

I've heard of some success with 6.0 (without crappy
winedoors/ies4linux stuff), so I didn't comment.

> # iPod Support in iTunes 4.0

Hmm, that seems unlikely

> # Mac OS X
> # Mac OS X Audio Input Support

Well spotted, Austin!

Maybe they're talking about a VM, not Wine ... in which case, you'd
have to get a copy of Windows, which defeats the purpose of being
proud about their Windows app support.