imagicos

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 19:49:01 CST 2009

Oops, forgot to Reply All. Sorry, Austin!
2009/2/7 Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Also:
>>> # Internet Explorer 5.0 and 5.5
>>> # Internet Explorer 6.0
>>
>> I've heard of some success with 6.0 (without crappy
>> winedoors/ies4linux stuff), so I didn't comment.
>>
>>> # iPod Support in iTunes 4.0
>>
>> Hmm, that seems unlikely
>>
>>> # Mac OS X
>>> # Mac OS X Audio Input Support
>>
>> Well spotted, Austin!
>>
>> Maybe they're talking about a VM, not Wine ... in which case, you'd
>> have to get a copy of Windows, which defeats the purpose of being
>> proud about their Windows app support.
>>

> From http://www.imagicos.com/why.html :
> "Compatibility
> iMagic OS can run many Microsoft Windows applications along with Linux
> applications, with help from the built in Crossover software."

That might just explain why "CrossOver" is on their supported/tested
apps list. Then again, maybe not.

> Either they've got a deal with Crossover, or bundled it somehow?
>
> I sent them an e-mail asking for the source, we'll see how that goes.

Not that I think it's worth talking about this for much longer, but
also found these amusing:
# Acrobat Reader 8
because there's no Linux-native version of that, is there? Oh wait,
there is, and it's called Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 for Linux!

# Adobe Creative Suite 2 (CS2)
# Illustrator CS2
# InDesign CS2
# Photoshop CS2
Not trying to pad it out at all, are we?

# The Orange Box
which is not an application, but a box. Inside the box is HL2, Portal, TF2 etc

# EVE Online
# World of Warcraft
# World of Warcraft Online
OOOOOooooh online versions of MMORPGs!

# Windows Media Player 6.4
# Windows Media Player 6.9
And ONLY THOSE SPECIFIC VERSIONS!

Thanks, EA Durbin, you've made my day :D