ntdll: add a warning about running wine as root (resend)

Chris Howe mrmessiah at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 09:06:23 CST 2009

It would seem to me that the right place for this to go would be
not in Wine itself but in the likes of Crossover and Cedega - the
"distributions" and value added apps built around Wine.

I can't reconcile in my head the case where you have a newbie
running the latest GIT of Wine needing this kind of thing at all.

Either they want the power and compatibility of the latest GIT
version, and all that that entails, including the potential for doing
things they didn't intend if they run it as root, or they want some
newbie friendly environment that seizes back the reins a little
and stops them doing that.

The very most you need there is some kind of a hook, if that.

--
Chris