Is the front page too pessimistic?

Ricardo Filipe ricardo_barbano at
Wed Feb 11 17:35:12 CST 2009

2009/2/11 Alexandre Julliard <julliard at>

> That's not a useful number, many files run a lot of tests, of which a
> huge majority always succeeds. Having a single failure among 10,000
> tests means that the test failed, and it's something bad that should be
> taken care of. Showing that as a 99.99% success would be very misleading.<julliard at>

i think what he means is a value for the whole run, not for each file...
this way we get the number of failing files and failing tests for one run. i
think that could be useful, at least it can show much more difference and
give a better response to fixing tests than a file failure statistic.
it would be a more changing rate.