WINEGATE.DLL: Wine gateway to native Unix libraries

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Feb 14 00:44:58 CST 2009

Very interesting.

I'd been suggesting to ISVs that they create a single
winelib dll and conditionally load that if present,
but winegate.dll might be an appealing alternative.

I don't think this really brings up any security considerations
but it is a reminder that Windows programs under Wine
have access to the entire Linux system just like Linux
programs do.

btw nice name, but it pulls up 7 million hits for me,
not sure what you mean by "google doesn't reveal
any other uses of the name".
- Dan