Proposal: put Winetricks into Wine menu

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Feb 14 14:19:10 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:
> I want to cut down on the number of items in the menu as it is - winecfg
> will be integrated into a System -> Preferences -> Windows Applications
> menu, browse C:\ drive will be in Places, and uninstall would go into
> Applications->Add/Remove.

Putting uninstall into Add/Remove will be an interesting bit
of integration; you'd have to modify the Add/Remove app quite
a bit, I think.

> Once that's done, leaving winetricks in the menu would be out of place.
>  Though maybe it could go into the same System -> Preferences -> Windows

But it's not a preferences; it's an add/remove kind of thing,
so maybe it too should go into Add/Remove?

Anyway, in the meantime, can you add it into the Wine menu
for this release, and sort out where it really belongs later?
It really is a missing piece, and having all the Wine stuff
together in one menu entry is arguably a nice way to group it,
at least for now.

Thanks,
Dan