Wine desktop integration: current directory of app launched with doubleclick?

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 16:33:36 CST 2009

2009/2/15 Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com>:
> Ran into this again today.  I usually launch everything
> from the commandline, but in preparation for my cebit
> talk, I started trying to use the GUI and just double-
> click on apps in Nautilus.  (This is Ubuntu 8.10.)
> Works fine until I try it with the setup.exe in the
> directory created by the Adobe Photoshop CS2 downloadable
> trial... at which point it aborts early with a dialog box.
>
> The little script I posted before still works, and lets photoshop's
> inner installer run.
>
> I suppose this script isn't the final word, though, as I think
> it will prevent switching discss on multidisc installs.

Probably. It's worth trying out, but I have an idea to work around it:

#!/bin/sh
DIR=`dirname "$1"`
DIR=`cd "$DIR"; pwd`
pushd "$DIR"
wine "$@" &
popd
fg

Could someone try this out? I'm not sure if I have any multi-CD
installers easily accessible. Of course, you'll need some way to run
"wine eject" when switching discs ...