Start DDE interface from Explorer Process. Add DDE stubs.

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:20:35 CST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 17:10 +0800, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Jeremiah Flerchinger" <jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Explorer.exe now calls ShellDdeInit. Progman stubs will now be started/used in Shell32.
> > Amazingly any apps with a Progman DDE interface will also be called. Shell32 can handle
> > all major functionality, but a running progman.exe (for example) will be able to
> > synchronize internal values with changes made by Shell32.
>
> This patch just adds a lot of confusion and mess. As I suggested
> you should start with a simple test app and see how it really
> supposed to work.

Do you disagree that the Shell Dde interface must be actually running to
handle DDE calls and that Explorer.exe should call ShellDdeInit & start
the interface? I've taken the progman.exe stubs out of my local copy of
the explorer/shell32 dde patch.

I want to get 2 test cases working. The first is posted below and the
second will use PostMessage & SendMessage for all DDE calls. I'll
resubmit when I have time to flesh out the XTYP_EXECUTE stub in shell32.

On another note, the lack of a terminal font makes the OEM_FIXED_FONT
look unreadable - especially in 8x8 vga chars. I've been looking at old
screen shots in an attempt to determine what the BIOS ROM font should
look like in 8x8, 8x14, and 8x16. If I complete a sfd set with at least
one of these sizes, would you help me get Wine to use it?

Thank you
-J