Status of USB driver support?

Alexander Morozov amorozov at etersoft.ru
Mon Feb 16 08:17:35 CST 2009

This patch is made, first of all, for running applications protected with USB
keys.

For using native USB driver should copy
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_<vid>&Pid_<pid> and
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<driver_name> from Windows registry.
The driver should be put in the directory specified by
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<driver_name>\ImagePath. Also you need
to have permissions to read/write to USB device.

For using HASP HL keys aksclass.sys should be placed in windows/system32
instead of windows/system32/drivers. Also you should copy
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Hasp from Windows registry.

I tested last patch with Eutron SmartKey 3 (eusk3usb.sys, vid:pid
073d:0025) and HASP HL 3.21 (aksusb.sys, akshasp.sys, aksclass.sys,
0529:0001). Also SafeNet UltraPro (sntnlusb.sys, 04b9:0300) should work
(tested with previous versions). For testing keys I used protected
applications and simple test programs using API from key vendors.

> E.g. I have FTDI devices, using ftd2xx.dll. Can I expect to get them
> working?

I know nothing about these devices and I did not test them. But I think for
working with them a driver is also necessary (not only dll).