Please advise: Wine problem with Oracle database installation

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 08:19:35 CST 2009

Robert wrote:
> Dear support,

If you are looking for Wine User support, you are in the wrong mailing
list.  Wine-Users, which I copied to, is the proper place to ask for
this support.
> I have met a problem when installing Oracle database with Wine. The
> error message is as follows:
> "Failed loading
> com.sun.java.accessibility.eventqueuemonitor:java.lang.classnotfoundexception:com.sun.java.accessibility.util.eventqueuemonitor"

You need to install Oracle 11g database in Linux/UNIX and use the Oracle
Client to connect to it through the loopback interface.  Wine is not
robust enough to install the database in.

> I wonder whether this problem is due to JDK plug-in is not supported
> in Wine. Please kindly advise. Thanks a lot!

The JDK is supported in Wine.

Also, before posting to the mailing list please visit the Applications
Database for assistance first.

James McKenzie