WINEGATE.DLL: Wine gateway to native Unix libraries

Martin Hinner martin at hinner.info
Tue Feb 17 06:35:13 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
>> From what I understand, they're not accessible to full win32 apps.
>
> FWIW, it's kernel32.wine_get_unix_file_name(). So it's available to any
> Win32 application that knows about it. Just LoadLibrary()+GetProcAddress().

This is really nice end of our conversation,  giving new dimension to
all sharp statements (hack, not going into wine, etc) :-).

Just to add few comments at once, the problem is solved for us
(libwinegate.dll.so is shipped with the software, we'll have to
recompile it when libwine/libc changes...), so there is no need for
other argumentation. I have already given up.

Regarding to maintenance of linux library, I meant to have different
BINARY versions (because of other dependencies), not source code.

And finally regarding putting WINEGATE to some wiki: Feel free to do
it, consider it public domain. But I think the point of this library
was that if it is compiled WITH wine package, it would smoothly solve
dependency problems (i.e. no need to carry separate
WINEGATE-libcX-OSy-platformZ libraries).

Martin