search path redux - if office 2007 always uses a private riched20, why does wine interpose its own global one?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 08:30:57 CST 2009

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com>
>Sent: Feb 17, 2009 7:26 AM
>To: James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>
>Cc: Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>, "wine-devel at winehq.org" <wine-devel at winehq.org>
>Subject: Re: search path redux - if office 2007 always uses a private 	riched20, why does wine interpose its own global one?
>
>On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:23 AM, James Mckenzie
><jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>  However, some programs will NOT function without their program specific dlls, and it appears that Office 2007 is one of them.  Thus, it will be necessary to switch from built-in to native, built-in for this program until Wine incorporates all of the new functions.
>
>But in this case, the app is using a private fork of the DLL in question,
>and the new functions in the private fork will probably never go
>into the public one.

Dan, never assume what the Evil Empire is going to do.  They may or may not put this into the dlls in Windows7 (TM).  Since I'm strictly Mac for now, I don't have any idea either.  Maybe someone with this operating system can look into this and give us feedback, but I'm with you as this is another method of operation of this company.

James McKenzie