search path redux - if office 2007 always uses a private riched20, why does wine interpose its own global one?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue Feb 17 09:10:57 CST 2009

Dan Kegel <dank at> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:47 AM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at> wrote:
>> No. Find a better way.
>> For instance, investigate the possibility of checking version
>> resources.
> Which version resources are you thinking of?

The version of the native dll, compared to the builtin. I could imagine
a heuristic where if the major version of native is higher than builtin
you default to native or something like that. I'm sure there are other
possibilities too.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at