msi: begin support for finding network last sources in find_published_source

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Fri Feb 20 06:45:01 CST 2009

Hello,

   No i never saw the e-mail that you send to Jeremy.

   I will admit that i did not dig really deep for this patch as it
appeared to me that the fix was obvious (there was even a fixme in the
code saying we needed to do what the installer was asking for)

   There are about 4 CAB files that the service pack asks for to install
(and only installs a few files out of each) that are accessed by this
method.  Each one does not exist on the original media at all and only
seems accessable via the LastSource location.

   I am curious what tests you did to prove that you did not need the
original media or even the copied cab files?  Did you do a test on
windows where you deleted them all and the upgrade worked?

   I will investigate some more, but i do not feel that this patch is
incorrect, even if it should not be needed. Am I right there?

thanks,
-aric