Wine download page usability problem

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 20 11:47:16 CST 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:24:09 -0800
Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> Can we add in a line at the top saying
> "Stable version 1.0.1 of Wine can usually be installed
>  just like any other Linux application using your
>  package manager (e.g. in Ubuntu, do Applications / Add/Remove,
>  select Wine, and click Apply Changes).
>
>  If that doesn't work, or if you need a newer version of Wine,
>  here's how to get it."
> ?

The problem with the way you've phrased it is that it's simply not true. Ubuntu users have complained on the forum more than once that there are no 1.0.1 packages in their repository. I've also never seen any 1.0.1 packages for openSUSE in any of the repositories or the Sourceforge archive.

Take out the "Stable version 1.0.1 of" and it works.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>