TrainingPeaks WKO+ Version 22 build 105

Chris Teague chris.teague at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 18:14:25 CST 2009

I'm connecting to a Saris PowerTap 2.4SL bike computer, but really
it's a usb cradle using a standard FTDI chip.  The device enumerates
and works fine as a ttyUSB device under Linux.  I have gotten closer
to the root of this problem, and I now see why EV_RXFLAG was never
implemented in Wine.  I'll explain the problem, maybe someone with
more Wine knowledge can nudge me in the direction of a good solution.
RXFLAG is a parameter in the COM32 interface, there is one RXFLAG
value for each COM port.  Other per COM port parameters in the COM32
interface are "end of file character", "parity", etc.
RXFLAG is set to any character the user wants - and when that
character is actually received on the COM port, a special EV_RXFLAG
event is sent to the client.  This is used for example to implement a
Start-of-Message in a serial protocol.
In Linux (and Wine) the per serial port device configuration data is
stored in a standard unix termios structure associated with the file
descriptor.  This structure has members for most of the COM32
parameters, EOF, EOL, etc.  However, it does NOT have anything that
would correspond to RXFLAG.  We could store RXFLAG inside of some
unused termios member - but that feels like a really bad idea.

So the crux of the problem is: How do I store per serial port
configuration data which does not fit into termios?

I have been looking at dlls/ntdll/serial.c mostly.  I see there is
some server side serial code in server/serial.c.  Maybe I need to
store this config data in the server, and provide access to it?
Possibly in async_commio.hDevice?