Status of dxdiagn?

Dan Kegel dank at
Thu Jan 1 21:35:51 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
>> In order to reach support for the two acceleration properties, I have just
>> submitted an updated patch based on my code from mid-2008:
> World In Conflict is affected by this, right?

Looks like it (the demo, too).
I got the demo to start by dropping in a native dxdiagn and disabling d3dx10
as described in the full game's howto at
Sadly, I get no video other than the cursor, and I haven't
the foggiest idea of how to quit the game, so I have to kill
it from another terminal.

This is promising, though.  The student could have the goal
of fixing dxdiagn so that wic's demo starts.

> Is this problem addressed by your current patch?

Guess not, I tried it, no joy (not surprising, it only implements
one of the ten or so properties the game queries).
- Dan