dlls/dinput/effect_linuxinput.c: Check return value of 'write'. (bug # 16413)

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Jan 4 21:06:19 CST 2009

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>> titon barua wrote:
>>> -    write(*(This->fd), &event, sizeof(event));
>>> +    if (write(*(This->fd), &event, sizeof(event)) == -1) perror ( NULL );
>> What's the point of your patch? What part of the comment isn't clear to you?
>
>GCC is complaining about the ignored return value.

As Alexandre implied in
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2009-January/071769.html
one should not fix these warnings casually.
A real fix probably involves actually handing
the error rather than printing a warning.

The last thing we need is an army of people
papering over compiler warnings.
- Dan