Implementing b3DAccelerationExists and b3DAccelerationEnabled in dxdiagn

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Wed Jan 7 05:55:12 CST 2009

On Di, 2009-01-06 at 22:47 -0500, Markus wrote:
> > > can anyone tell me where to find information about the
> > > b3DAccelerationExists and b3DAccelerationEnabled properties in the
> > > display container returned by
> >
> > I suggest to use dxdiag and regmon on Windows.
> > In dxdiag, you can disable DirectDraw / Direct3D Acceleration.
> > Regmon will tell you, where the settings are saved.
>
> I do not think the registry is the correct place to look.

For sure, the settings for enable/disable Acceleration must be in the
registry.
This is for b3DAccelerationEnabled and the primary requirement for that
flag
is a TRUE in b3DAccelerationExists

> This value should
> return true if e.g. hardware accelerated T&L is available on the system, which
> is primarily a result of driver and hardware capabilities.

This is for b3DAccelerationExists and native dxdiagn in Wine with some
d3d* debug channels might help a bit.

I have an ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility (R100) here for testing.
W98 with DDraw/D3D support (old driver)
W2K without DDraw/D3D support
 (i use a new driver, that droped DirectX support for R100)

Using regedit on W98:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Direct3D\Drivers
 SoftwareOnly  DWORD 1
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DirectDraw
 EmulationOnly DWORD 1

When DDraw is set to EmulationOnly, D3D is marked (in dxdiag) as
"not available" (d3d needs ddraw on Windows), independent of
SoftwareOnly.
(Using the GUI to set EmulationOnly to 1 also sets SoftwareOnly to 1)

--

By by ... Detlef