Implementing b3DAccelerationExists and b3DAccelerationEnabled in dxdiagn

Markus kde at graph-ix.net
Wed Jan 7 22:25:20 CST 2009

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 06:55:12 Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> > This value should
> > return true if e.g. hardware accelerated T&L is available on the system,
> > which is primarily a result of driver and hardware capabilities.
>
> This is for b3DAccelerationExists and native dxdiagn in Wine with some
> d3d* debug channels might help a bit.
What I have found so far is that the native dxdiagn.dll retrieves the device
capabilities using IDirect3D9Impl_GetDeviceCaps. However, I was unable to find
any values for the caps struct, where the native dll would determine that
b3DAccelerationExists was supposed to be false. The only result I got in that
regard was that by setting caps->DevCaps to 0, a human readable warning about
missing D3d9+ hardware acceleration would be added to szNotesLocalized.

Does anyone have an idea on what else could be the basis for this flag?

--
Markus