D3D shaders

Anton Romanov theli at ukr.net
Thu Jan 8 05:30:33 CST 2009

Hi.
First, sorry for maybe somewhat newbish questions/approach... but anyway.
Do i understand correctly that wined3d implementation takes d3d shaders' bytecode and converts it to other format depending on hardware?
What is the state of wine's d3d shaders' implementation?
I'm asking because I've recently came across a MojoShader (http://icculus.org/mojoshader/) project which is a library (zlib licensed) to convert compiled Direct3D shaders from bytecode to some other format (several profiles). The library seems to work well - it is used for OpenGL renderer in Unreal Tournament 3 engine. So i wonder - can there be some benefit to wine from such a project?
Thanks.