Wineaudioio driver

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Fri Jan 9 15:42:38 CST 2009

> Does anyone know how to get the libaudioio.h and libaudioio.so files
> needed by the wineaudioio driver?
>
> This driver is supposed to specifically be for Solaris but I could not
> find either files on the Solaris 10u5 DVD, nor on the 200807 Solaris 10
> companion CD.
>
> Has audioio been replaced by something else?
>
> --
> Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
>   Nouvelle version : les anciens bogues ont été remplacés par de
> nouveaux.

A couple of weeks ago there was a discussion in #winehackers about (open)solaris audio support. The discussion was started by two people who at the time were interested in updating wine's (open)solaris drivers. From what I remember it looked like the current wineaudioio driver is highly outdated and I believe the API has changed drastically. Those two guys said that Sun is working together with 4Front (from the commercial OSS) on some new audio system called 'Boomer' and which is also OSS compatible. I believe that our wineoss driver works fine. This page contains some more info and more links http://opensolaris.org/os/project/opensound/.

Roderick
--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a