[4/8] widl: add helper function get_deref_type

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 10 16:46:26 CST 2009

Am Samstag, den 10.01.2009, 22:32 +0000 schrieb Rob Shearman:
> 2009/1/10 Michael Karcher <wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de>:
> > get_deref_type yields the type of array elements for arrays or the
> > pointed-to type of pointers. Most important, it works on anything
> > is_declptr returns true for.
> I don't believe that this type of helper function improves the
> readability of the code, given that it only replaces two or three
> lines of code and is only used in three places.

It's even only used in two places in this patch, but [5/8] adds another
use and [6/8] adds two more uses of the helper function. Of course I can
spell it out everywhere. But I suspect there might be further code
fragments in widl that currently work only for plain pointers that
should work for all types is_declpointer returns true for (being "plain
pointers" and "[size_as] pointers" that are represented in widl as
conformant arrays with declarray==FALSE).

If you prefer, I can remove that function nevertheless. I introduced it,
when I was annoyed that I can say "is_declptr(type)" but can't
dereference it generically.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher