meaning of "Hardware" field in bugzilla?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:24:46 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Juan Lang <juan.lang at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does "mac" mean "powerpc mac only"?  I rather
>> thought it meant "apple macintosh", regardless
>> of cpu.  I ask because Austin has just gone through
>> and changed lots of "mac" bugs to "pc" even
>> though the bugs were on Intel macs, which just
>> seems wrong.
>
> I agree with you, this change seems suspect.  Austin, are you trying
> to distinguish PPC bugs from x86 ones with this, or what?
> --Juan

I've seen the same change made a few times in the past (I'd have to
search for it). Looking at other bugzilla's, Mozilla puts Intel Mac
bugs under PC...after all, since they've moved to x86, for all intents
and purposes, Intel Macs are PC's (especially if running Linux rather
than OS X). Those running OS X still can be identified as such by the
OS field.

Yes, my goal was to separate x86/ppc bugs.

--
-Austin