Wine runs IE7!

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 14:16:23 CST 2009

Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
>Sent: Jan 15, 2009 1:04 PM
>To: Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com>
>Cc: James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>, wine-devel at winehq.org
>Subject: Re: Wine runs IE7!
>
>On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
>> James Mckenzie wrote:
>>> Hans Leidekker <hans at codeweavers.com>

>>> Good work.  Now where are those patches....;-)
>> You know you can look it up yourself?
>> git log --author="Hans Leidekker" origin/master
>>

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think all the patches are in yet:
>http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=search&h=HEAD&st=author&s=Hans+Leidekker&sr=1
>
>Looking through the first couple pages, I don't see any comctl32 patches.

Boy, talk about folks taking a joke the wrong way.  The wink should have been a hint.

I'm happy that Hans got IE 7 working and installed.  I also think there is more work to be done before it can be fully used and then there should be patches submitted to implement this either in Wine Gecko or to allow installation of this product in Wine.

Again, good job Hans and thank you for the screen shot showing IE7 can work with Wine.

James McKenzie