libs/wine/Makefile.in: replace `wine` with @PACKAGE_NAME@

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 17 19:13:53 CST 2009

Austin English wrote:

>>> What about using the standard @PACKAGE_TARNAME@ which is by default
>>> normalized (spaces removed, converted to lowercase, some other unsafe
>>> characters converted) by autoconf in AC_INIT?
>>>
>> It is a good idea to use PACKAGE_TARNAME, but only if we need tarname in
>> wine --version output :)
>> Does anyone know what is wine --version purpose if not for human read?
>>

> Again, can be used in scripts, many of which aren't public.

Adding to Austin's input.  The output of wine --version on my Mac
results in:
wine --version
wine-1.1.8

This could be used as the input to a number of scripts and programs that
may or may not be version dependent.  Most of the script writers would
do a cut on the hyphen.  Removing it would break the script.  There have
been several suggestions on what to do to fix this so I am not going to
go over them a second time.  I would ask that the hyphen remain.
Otherwise this is a good patch that allows for project name variation.

James McKenzie