python regression tests - a monster hammer to keep wine "in check" :)

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 10:52:37 CST 2009

--- On Sun, 18/1/09, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

>  the regression test test_file.py has succeeded for years
> under
> proprietary native win32 platforms using the proprietary
> msvc compiler
> to build python.exe and python2N.dll for win32 platforms.
>
>  this particular test is therefore about testing and
> ensuring that
> \r\n handling SPECIFICALLY in O_TEXT mode is
> correct.
>
>  it has nothing to do with O_BINARY mode.

I already wrote that the default translation behavior (if not explicitly specified) is both compiler and runtime dependent. The fact that msvc-compiled python working in native win32 is rather different from mingw-compiled python working in wine, isn't it? It differs both in the compiler used and the runtime used.