Support of native Windows drivers for USB tokens

Alexander Morozov amorozov at etersoft.ru
Tue Jan 20 05:48:43 CST 2009

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 15:02:23 Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Your design needs a lot more thought. You can't add all these
> Wine-specific modules, or make winedevice special-case usb devices, or
> poll the server for the add_device request like you do. All this needs
> to be properly integrated in the existing infrastructure.

I made big changes in the design since previous version. Now there are no new
wine-specific modules and wineserver is not used for calling AddDevice. All
drivers are running in a single winedevice process.

ftp://ftp.etersoft.ru/pub/people/amorozov/0001-Add-support-of-native-Windows-drivers-for-USB-tokens.txt
ftp://ftp.etersoft.ru/pub/people/amorozov/0002-Re-generate-some-files.txt
Second patch was generated with tools/make_requests && autoheader

After applying these patches should run tools/make_makefiles. For using native
USB driver should copy
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_<vid>&Pid_<pid> and
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<driver_name> from Windows registry.
The driver should be put in the directory specified by
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<driver_name>\ImagePath. Also you need
to have permissions to read/write to USB device.