AppDB: Rating / Patching

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jan 22 05:50:17 CST 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Ben Klein wrote:
[...]
> Perhaps the question remains, is a VC7 runtime library intended to be
> developed and shipped with Wine? I don't think this is the case.

We have msvcirt, msvcrt, msvcrt20, msvcrt40, msvcr71 so I would not be
so sure. Which dlls are we talking about anyway?

msvcp80 and msvcr80? Or is it mfc80 that's needed?

Btw, the AppDB mentions Visual C++ 2005 which means we're talking about
VC8, not VC7. Or is the AppDB wrong? Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong
AppDB entry: there's Reign of Chaos (rated platinum), and the Frozen
Throne (rated gold).

                  In a world without fences who needs Gates?