warning in wldap32/parse.c:447

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 10:17:48 CST 2009

Hi!

Nikolay Sivov wrote:
> Hi, your patch for wldap32 added a warning:
I know and I sent a patch to revert that change:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2009-January/067780.html
and Alexandre rejected it:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2009-January/072151.html
He is right and wrong in that email:
- Right: wldap32 is broken for Win64 Wine builds
- Wrong: I didn't do the long to LONG wldap32 changes but Francois.

> gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -D__WINESRC__
> -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wwrite-strings -Wtype-limits
> -Wpointer-arith -g -O2 -o parse.o parse.c
> parse.c: In function ‘ldap_parse_vlv_controlW’:
> parse.c:447: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘ldap_parse_vlv_control’
> from incompatible pointer type
The warning is a minor nuisance but not an error. And that code isn't
used with never openldap versions so not many people see it. That's why
I didn't catch it first hand as there is no warning on F9 and F10.

bye
	michael