cmd.exe.manifest

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jan 22 14:19:20 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>> So the problem lies elsewhere... do you have any more information on
>>> the debug output?
>>
>> hiya reece, thanks for responding.  yes, i do - lemme get back to you
>> with it: i'm in the middle of a ... actually, i _do_ have it:
>>

>> it's a trace+all so is about 15mb (sorry!)
>>
>> i'm doing a rebuild back to msvcrt to see if the problem goes away.
>
>  http://lkcl.net/subprocess.wine.trace.msvcrt.native

 sorry that's ... oh bugger it i'll log in to my server and correct it :)

>  and, once that's uploaded, i'll also do one:
>
>  http://lkcl.net/subprocess.wine.trace.msvcrt.builtin

> anyway, as you can see, open_osfhandle and CreateProcess all go
> swimmingly well - it's just that when you get msvcr80 involved it all
> goes pearshaped.

 ahh... correction... err... actually, builtin msvcrt _doesn't_ go
according to plan!

 the data is returned (echo hello) but the python process hangs - it
never sees the results come back.

 ahh xxxx-it i'm going to have to write a c test case, aren't i.