user32: Resend: Move character conversion logic to dde_server.d &remove todo's

Jeff Latimer lats at yless4u.com.au
Sat Jan 24 03:55:45 CST 2009

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>>> DDEML is just a wrapper around raw DDE messages, and raw DDE messages
>>> don't have a translation layer in the user32 messaging system.
>> Agreed, the point I was making is that DDEML wraps the raw DDE, the
>> translation occurs in the server not the client.
> Does it really matter?
It highlights the problem and that the translation should take place in
the server.  In earlier discussions last year this was an issue.
> Another probability is a bug in winebrowser.
It may well be, it certainly is implemented for one case only at present
but if the DDEML code was implemented as the Windows is then it does not
matter as the situation is handled.