advapi32: Fix potential NULL pointer dereference in RegSetValueExA [with test] (Saturn)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Jan 27 12:58:53 CST 2009

Aurimas Fišeras <aurimas at gmail.com> writes:

> Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> We only want it when an actual app depends on it, otherwise we'd have to
>> add exception handlers in all functions. Note that the Windows behavior
>> often varies across versions too.
>>
> So why are we fixing various "Possible NULL pointer dereference" errors
> reported by Coverity?

That's different, it's for cases where inspection of the code flow
demonstrates that a NULL dereference can actually happen. In this case
it would mean that some other part of the Wine code calls RegSetValueExA
with a NULL pointer. Most likely the proper fix would then be in the
caller.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org