D3D: Implement vertex blending in drawStridedSlow

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Wed Jan 28 00:37:54 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:19:32PM +0100, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> 2009/1/26 Paul TBBle Hampson <Paul.Hampson at pobox.com>:

>>> I'm not sure we want to implement vertex blending in software in the
>>> first place (rather than through a shader), but you can't just add a
>>> bitfield here without changing the padding.

>> I can't speak towards the bitfield part, but implementing vertex
>> blending in software will magically make a few games (two that I know
>> of, Warhammer Online and Everquest) work without patching, and without
>> passing through drawStridedSlow.

> Sure, but so does just faking the device caps.

I don't see that as having a chance of making it into the Wine tree.

This patch, on the other hand, isn't actually a nasty case-specific
hack.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/