First complete test run passing on a Windows platform

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 00:56:04 CST 2009

Reece Dunn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Wine tests are now passing on a Windows XP machine
> (http://test.winehq.org/data/4b27dfec939d131c9d7e09f97f14dfc7dabe8843/#group_XP).
> Two of the other four only have 2 or 3 failures.
>
> The 2003 group has 3 machines with 1 failure each (urlmon:protocol on
> one, user32:menu on the others).
>
> Congratulations to everyone involved fixing the tests!
>
> - Reece

It's not the first one though. We had one or two the last weeks. The biggest
problem besides getting to 0 is consistency.

Have a look at Alasdair's Wine box. It succeeded a few times but also has tests
that intermittently fail. The same is true for a lot of Windows boxes.

Nonetheless, we are in a far better position than a few months ago. And after
Juan's batch it will be even better.

Having a low rate of failures also lowers the burden for people to fix the last
remaining ones instead of staring at a red page ;)

Just some numbers for my W95, W98, NT4, W2K, W2K3 and Vista boxes:

June-24-2008  : 21.7% test failures
Aug-26-2008   : 19.7%
Nov-14-2008   : 9.8%
And yesterday : 6.1%