Wined3d being used with VirtualBox D3D

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Fri Jan 30 04:56:08 CST 2009

> All,
>
> An interesting piece from Phoronix about new VirtualBox Direct3D
> support; which apparently uses WineD3D in the backend.  I haven't
> noticed anything in particular but has Sun been filing bugs / sending
> patches?
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzAyNA
>
> --Zach

A couple of months ago when VirtualBox received opengl support I contacted some of their developers using irc and told them how to run WineD3D on Windows and gave them some test dlls. It seems they picked it up. They are just using stock WineD3D (with two or three hacks to work around bugs in their GL implementation).

Roderick