First complete test run passing on a Windows platform

Florian Köberle florian at fkoeberle.de
Fri Jan 30 07:07:44 CST 2009

Hello Gé.
>> I think the main problem is that the thread might run
>> parallel with some other test code.
>>
>> That is why I would suggest to wait for the thread to finish
>> at the end of the test.
>>
>> I made a patch and attached it to this email. I can't
>> reproduce the failure on my system, so I can't test if the
>> patch helps. It would be cool, if someone could test, if my
>> patch fix the issue.
>>

> I applied your patch and ran the test about a dozen times, two runs had
> failures. So I'm afraid your patch is not enough.
>
> Gé.

How many cores do your processor have?
I have a dual core which might make the difference.

How exactly do you execute the tests?
I executed "../../../tools/runtest -q menu" about 20 times without any
failure.

Did my patch reduce the number of failures?
I am asking as I wonder, if I should send the patch anyway to
wine-patches or not.

Does removing the Sleep(500) increase the fail rate?
I tried to remove it but it had no effect for me at all.

Best regards,
Florian Köberle