kernel32: Add a trailing '\n' to a MESSAGE trace

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 05:41:09 CDT 2009

2009/7/2 Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>:
> Frédéric Delanoy <frederic.delanoy at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Last time I submitted this (pretty trivial) patch, it got ignored.
>
> What makes you think this is necessary?

Well, every other MESSAGE trace I found (even in this very file)
contained a terminal '\n' (eg on line 1093), and it was followed by
the same "instruction"  (ExitProcess)

1092                 /* args 1 and 2 are --app-name full_path */
1093                 MESSAGE( "wine: could not run %s: 16-bit/DOS
support missing\n",
1094                          debugstr_w(__wine_main_wargv[3]) );
1095                 ExitProcess( ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT );
1096             }
1097         }
1098         FormatMessageA( FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM, NULL, error,
0, msg, sizeof(msg), NULL );
1099         MESSAGE( "wine: could not load %s: %s",
debugstr_w(main_exe_name), msg );
1100         ExitProcess( error );

+ various patches adding terminal \n for other debug classes, e.g.
FIXME messages

>  Did you test it?
Well, I've to admit I didn't. I thought it was pretty inoffensive.
But I'm quite new and still learning about Wine's debugging stuff...
(and Wine in general) so sorry for the non-test

Frédéric