Minor fix for include/bits1_5.idl

Rob Shearman robertshearman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 07:59:58 CDT 2009

2009/6/28 Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer.com>:
> Strike that, I must have misread the documentation.
>
> Only thing I am wondering is do we really need the (unsigned long) here?

Yes, as conformance/variance is restricted by NDR to 32-bit
quantities. The IDL compiler should warn/error without the cast as it
would be silently truncating the value used for computing the memory
allocated for storing the array.

> If anyone has a pointer to clear documentation that would be nice; what I
> found so far leaves some questions open...

The DCE/RPC specification would be a good start, but there is probably
some MSDN documentation on the limitations of size_is expressions in
IDL.

--
Rob Shearman