How to test cryptui's dialogs?

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 02:49:16 CDT 2009

On 07/05/2009 08:46 AM, Aurimas Fišeras wrote:
> On 07/05/2009 03:36 AM, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
>> On 07/04/2009 11:29 PM, Aurimas Fišeras wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've finished translating cryptui's resources, checked control sizes
>>> with resource editor and adjusted them where it was needed.
>>>
>>> But how can I run cryptui's wizards and other dialogs to confirm that
>>> everything else is translated correctly?
>>>
>> You can always run ResHacker (see http://wiki.winehq.org/Translating#head-97aa5da9117ce6c05ac70962373f2c3a6a5f81fb for more information).
>> I've used it and it works reasonably well (at least on generated *.res files).
>> One problem I spotted however (probably a bug in Wine) is that you've to use to "All Files (*.*)" filter to view the files.
>>
> Is I wrote above, I already performed this step (using xnre). Now I want
> to check "live" dialogs, but don't know how.

You can do that with ResHacker: just select the dialogs you want to see on the left-side tree,
and double-click on the menu you want to check (or single-click and use "show dialog"); what't nice
is that you can modify the dialog/widgets sizes and check "live" the results in a preview window.

Of course, the buttons won't have any action, but hey, you're translating, not trying to verify that, e.g.,
the buttons work correctly.

If you find a better way, please tell me.

Frédéric