Using tracing for tests on Wine

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 01:10:07 CDT 2009

Hi,

I've always had a patch in my local repo that runs runtest with the '-v'
flag instead if '-q' as I'm not always interested in just the failures.

Having '-q' for runtest basically means that I didn't find a way to
override things. WINETEST_DEBUG=<number> doesn't work when I do a 'make
<test>.ok' as the debug flag will be overwritten by runtest.

What would be the best approach here:

- Make '-v' the real default like it is on Windows? I've sent a patch
for this a long time ago but didn't receive any feedback nor was I too
interested in getting that in. (See attached)

- If WINETEST_DEBUG is set it will always override the '-q' or '-v' flag
for runtest?

- Get rid of the '-v' and '-q' altogether in runtest?

Other suggestions?

--
Cheers,

Paul.